create a more efficient site and improve site architecture
FLIR’s current site was dated and needed a new eyes to reconstruct their site architecture as well as the design. There was a disconnect with who they wanted to look like vs. what they actually looked like.
I was the lead visual designer of the project and handled presentations with client and assisted with UX and project requirements.
I did visual exercises to share with our client to find out which style suited the FLIR brand best. I started working on typography pairings to find a set that worked and then designed compositions to see how the font applied. This helped guide the type of style and concept of the site.
Symbols made updated style guides easy, which was useful when handing off iterations to the developers.
Decisions were made and so I moved forward with designing against client expectations as well as our project requirements to create a homepage. Our goal was not to necessarily design mobile-first, but to make sure that it would never become an after-thought. With every page, we designed a desktop and mobile experience - not just for the client to visualize it, but this was also helpful for the front-ender.
FLIR’s products are powerful tools. We did not feel the need to limit product descriptions because they’re useful for our user but we also did not want to disrupt the path to purchase.
I make a “sticky” buy now button that worked for both mobile and desktop. I started problem-solving in mobile to ensure the solution would be successful for any device.